The AM-50B bridge car is used mainly in the army, but it is also used in rescue work during natural disasters, forestry work, in construction and everywhere where it is necessary to overcome an obstacle. The AM-50B is a wheeled self-propelled vehicle, the superstructure of which consists of a single bridge field with a removable support. Thanks to this bridge field, it is able to bridge an obstacle with a width of 2 to 12.5 m and a depth of 1.5 m. By connecting several bridge fields (max. 8 fields) it is possible to bridge an obstacle from 12.5 m to 106 m, with a depth of 2 to 6 m. The AM-50B overcomes a ford with a depth of 1.4 m, including a wading wave. Bridges built over an obstacle can be used for temporary bridging of obstacles, but also for long-term to several-year bridging, provided that the conditions of proper treatment are observed. The bridge car can be equipped with an automated bridge construction control system with autonomous diagnostics. The AM-50B bridge car can be equipped with a bulldozer blade, which allows landscaping for the construction of the bridge as well as modifications of access roads. The AM-50B can be transported by rail as well as at the same time on low-load semi-trailers by road.
The AM-50B superstructure can be mounted on virtually all known brands of trucks, which allows you to adapt the vehicle to the needs of each customer.
- curb weight 27,500 kg (when using Tatra 815-7 8×8)
- length of the opened bridge 13,500 mm
- passage width of the open bridge 4,400 mm
- support height 1,988 – 6,052 mm
- max. passage load for one bridge field – wheeled, tracked vehicle with max. weighing 50 tonnes, * possibility of increasing to 70 tonnes
- construction of one bridge field 7 min
- dismantling of one bridge field 10 min
- wheeled vehicle 30 – 40 km / h
- tracked vehicle 15 – 20 km / h